The world isn’t binary. Sometimes it isn’t an either/or proposition, but rather, a first A, then B situation.
We have been gradually disempowered by a corporate state that, as Huxley foresaw, seduced and manipulated us through:
• Sensual gratification,
• Cheap mass-produced goods,
• Boundless credit,
• Political theater and
While we were entertained,
• The regulations that once kept predatory corporate power in check were dismantled,
• The laws that once protected us were rewritten and
• We were impoverished.
• Credit is drying up,
• Good jobs for the working class are gone forever and
• Mass-produced goods are unaffordable,
…. we find ourselves transported from “Brave New World” to “1984.”
We can take some comfort in the knowledge that all of this was foreseen and explained nearly two thousand years ago. Of course, that doesn’t mean it is going to be a good time for everyone.