A Puppy predicts:
In Best Related Work:
• No Award wins – the majority of supporting memberships came from the various campaigns urged by the puppy kickers.
• Wisdom From My Internet wins – the majority comes from the Monster Hunter Nation.
• Letters from Gardner wins – the majority of new SMs came from uncommitteds who joined because of the publicity and a attention drawn to the Hugo. These are folk who genuinely want to see the award rehabilitated (call them Brad’s Troops).
• Transhuman or Subhuman wins – the majority of new SMs come from the Dread Ilk.
• The Hot Equations wins – the majority of new SMs comes from people who have felt disenfranchised by the CHORFs, who like good *hard* SF and milSF. It also gets a good boost from the Dread Ilk and Baen because of Castalia and Kratman. This is the win that shows that we *really* hit home with the justification for the Sad Puppies.
• Why Science is Never Settled wins – something is seriously wrong in the demographics and/or the voting.