Some of them didn’t escape back to Syria; SWAT siege in Saint-Denis:
BREAKING NEWS: One jihadi is shot dead and a woman suicide bomber blows herself up in dramatic gunfight at Paris apartment where mastermind of terror attacks is surrounded by 100 officers
- French police and special forces launch operation to storm Saint-Denis flat believed to contain up to six terrorists
- Mastermind behind Friday’s massacres, Abdelhamid Abaaoud, 27, believed to be inside the Paris apartment
- Female suicide bomber detonated explosive vest after firing on police while one suspect killed by rooftop sniper
- Wanted man Salah Abdeslam, 26, who has been spotted in Belgium and Germany, may also be inside rented flat
- Three people have been taken alive from flat and arrested as well as two others ‘nearby’ but stand-off is ongoing
Feel free to update in the comments. And so much for Saladin Taqiyya’s attempt to spin the innocence of the Syrian migrants:
Riot police were clearing the streets early Wednesday, pointing guns at curious residents to move them off the roads and telling them to go home.
Mr Marie said the officers seemed nervous – ‘you could see it in their eyes, ‘ he said.
Resident Amin Guizani, 21, said: ‘There were grenades. It was going, stopping. Kalashnikovs. Starting again’.
Residents have been told to stay in their homes and away from windows and some have been moved to a temporary shelter in the town hall. Police have confirmed that several officers have been hurt.
Caroline Chomienne, who runs a film school, Altermedia, in St Denis, was trapped in the building next to where the assault took place.
‘We’d been working all night on a film and my staff had been gone for some time when around 4.20am I heard shooting. Then they became louder and for on an hour it went on – bursts of fire from all sides but also sounds like bombs going off.
‘The walls were shaking it was horrific. It was like war. It was Beirut.’
Now the director is thinking of quitting Paris.
‘Something like this doesn’t surprise me,’ she told Le Parisien, ‘that terrorists have hidden here. In this district the cellars are full of weapons. Outside there is a dealer every 100mtrs. It’s common knowledge around here that people go and come back from Syria with ease.
UPDATE: Police gun battle at Paris apartment ‘where ISIS mastermind was holed up’ ends with his ‘wife’ blowing herself up with a suicide vest, one jihadi shot dead and seven arrested.
Five police wounded and one police dog KIA.
UPDATE II: Suspected Islamist militants uncovered in a Paris suburb by police were
planning an attack on the French capital’s La Defense business district,
a source close to the investigation and two police sources said on