Try telling this unemployed military veteran that immigration and work visas are “good for the economy”:
Here’s a quick rundown of what happened to me. I can’t qualify for a job requiring zero years experience. We’re being replaced.
- 6-year USAF veteran. Honorably discharged in 2011.
- Start new career in energy in 2011. Shit hits the fan with oil prices and get laid off in 2016.
- No problem, chin up, go back to school and finish economics degree. Graduate early 2018.
- Apply to job at Hewlett Packard. Wait patiently for response and vigorously apply elsewhere.
- Get rejected for a job requiring ZERO years experience. WTF-F-F-F?
- Check out H1B search position and company. HP has hired 4 people on H1B for the same job.
- I was replaced in my own country. The country that I served.
The war is coming home. If America’s soldiers can’t find work, then no one should be surprised if they begin to utilize the skills they learned in the military against their real enemy, the one that is actually attacking them, their families, and their way of life.
Jerry Pournelle was right. There will be war.