It won’t surprise me if the Democrats determine that this hateful Neo-Palestinian bigot should be removed from office for denying the existence of Palestine.
Palestine does not exist.
There, I said it again.
Also, Congresswoman Omar is an antisemite. Said that too.
Thanks for following me.
Palestine most certainly exists. It has existed in various forms much longer than either the kingdom of Israel or the modern state of Israel combined. There are, in fact, at least eight historical Palestines:
- Syria Palaestina, a Roman province (135–390 CE), a province of the Roman Empire
- Palaestina Prima, a Byzantine province in the Levant from 390 to c. 636
- Palaestina Secunda, a Byzantine province in the Levant from 390 to c. 636
- Palaestina Salutaris alias Palestina Tertia, a Byzantine province established in the 6th century, covering the Negev and Transjordan
- Jund Filastin (638 – 10th century), one of the military districts of the Umayyad and Abbasid Caliphate province of Bilad al-Sham (Syria)
- Mutasarrifate of Jerusalem or Palestine (1872–1917), an Ottoman district that encompassed Jerusalem, Gaza, Jaffa, Hebron, Bethlehem and Beersheba
- The Palestinian Mandate (1920–1948), a geopolitical entity under British administration
- The Palestinian Authority (1994–present) an interim self-government body established to govern parts of Gaza and the West Bank