Google is hell-bent on eviscerating itself. The not-at-all Orwellian-titled Global Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and, apparently, Employee Engagement, made an important announcement today.
I recently stepped up to lead Employee Engagement in addition to our diversity, equity and inclusion teams. Making good on these commitments and pushing the company to meet our OKR to progress a representative and inclusive workplace are my top priorities. I care about these issues deeply. I’ve dedicated myself to this work for my entire career, and I’m proud to lead this work at Google.
Here’s what we’re announcing today:
- We’ve simplified and clarified the way employees can raise concerns by bringing multiple channels together on a new dedicated site. We’re also providing a similar site for our temp and vendor workforce, which will be completed by June.
- We just published (internally) our Investigations Report, the fifth annual summary of employee-related misconduct investigations, including discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, with an expanded section on sexual harassment investigations.
- After a four-month pilot, we’re expanding our Support Person Program so that Googlers can bring a colleague to harassment and discrimination investigations.
- We’re rolling out a new Investigations Care Program to provide better care to Googlers during and after an investigation.
- We’re sharing a new Investigations Practice Guide outlining how concerns are handled within Employee Relations to explain what employees can expect during the investigations process.
- We are publicly sharing our workplace policies—including our very clear policies on harassment, discrimination, retaliation, standards of conduct, and workplace conduct.
Translation: we’re making it even easier for SJWs to thought and speech police their fellow employees. There will be no space for Badthink! Renounce the God-Emperor and all his works!