Shed no tears for the Anglicans. They departed from the Word of God and they are reaping the inevitable harvest of irrelevance:
The Church of England has suffered a dramatic slump in its followers, shocking new figures show. Between 2012 and 2014, the proportion of Britons identifying themselves as C of E or Anglican dropped from 21 per cent to 17 per cent – a fall of about 1.7 million people.
Over the same period, the number of Muslims in Britain grew by nearly one million, according to a survey by the respected NatCen Social Research Institute.
Former Archbishop of Canterbury Lord Carey warned last night that unless urgent action was taken, the Church was just ‘one generation away from extinction’.
The number of Anglicans in Britain has dropped from about 10.3 million to 8.6 million, and will raise fresh fears over the future of the Church of England, which has been in decline since the 1960s. Lord Carey, who has warned before about dwindling congregations, said: ‘These figures are a call to urgent mission. I have no doubt at all that the Archbishops, together with the whole leadership of the Church of England, are doing all they can to reverse this trend.’
The current Archbishop, Justin Welby, has also called for the decline to be tackled and is introducing measures to streamline the Church and strengthen its leadership.
I have a simple seven-point plan that will absolutely reverse the trend and revive the Church of England:
- Publicly repent accommodation with the world.
- Announce the Counter-Accommodation, a house-cleaning movement that throws out every reform and innovation since 1950 and openly rejects the false idea that tolerance and inclusion are Christian virtues or that unrepentant sinners are welcome as members of the Church body.
- Excommunicate every bishop and former bishop who voted for the ordination of women.
- Excommunicate every bishop and former bishop who voted for the ordination of homosexuals or officiated over a same-sex ceremony.
- Defrock every female and homosexual bishop or priest.
- Suspend every bishop or priest who publicly endorses social justice, tolerance, inclusivity, or ecumenicism.
- Preach the Word of God precisely as it is communicated through the King James Bible.
If the Church of England will not do this, it has no reason to exist and fully merits its extinction. Observe that the long term results have been exactly what the conservatives who opposed these reforms have been predicting all along. When a Christian church rejects the Word of God and hares after worldly approval, it is not long for this world.
And the UK’s atheists probably won’t be too pleased with the Church of England’s demise. I tend to doubt they will find their new Muslim neighbors quite as easy to push around as lukewarm Anglicans.