Greg Johnson of Counter-Currents interviewed me last night. The MP3 is available there of our discussion, which he summarized as follows:
Greg Johnson talks to video game designer, musician, blogger, novelist, and publisher Vox Day. Topics include:
- His political outlook and its formation
- Why he is no longer a Libertarian
- “National libertarianism”
- The necessity of borders
- The European refugee crisis
- Why nationalism and tribalism are unstoppable forces
- Illegitimate forms of identity politics
- The problem of white identity in the United States as opposed to European national identities
- His new book SJWs Always Lie
- Why they always lie
- Advice to those who wish to roll back political correctness
- A preview of coming attractions
I think the most interesting part of the interview was when we discussed the problem of “white identity”. I think “whites” are inclined to significantly underperform in identity politics for much the same reason that “Hispanics” and “Asians” do, which is that most people who qualify as white don’t primarily identify as White in the same manner that more cohesive minorities such as Blacks, Jews, Gays, and Women (which actually means Feminists) do.
Ask a “Hispanic” what he is and he’ll tell you he is Mexican or Guatemalan. Ask an “Asian” what he is and he’ll tell you Chinese or Thai. Ask a “white” and he’ll tell you “mostly German” or “half-this, half-that”. You will almost never hear anyone self-identify as White, nor would you have 30 or 40 years ago. And a man who identifies as “Italian-American” is simply not going to see another man who identifies as “Irish” or “Scandinavian” or “German” as his goombah and proactively engage in nepotistic favoritism on his behalf.
There is no nationalism without a cohesive nation and there is no tribalism without identification with the specific tribe.