Jonathan Weisman of the Washington Post went running to the ADL because mean people tweeted memes at him.:
Jonathan Weisman Verified account @jonathanweisman
Anti-Defamation League assembles high-powered team to look at racist, anti-Semitic harassment of journalists
The high-powered team:
- Danielle Citron, Lois K. Macht Research Professor & Professor of Law at the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law and expert on online harassment
- Steve Coll, Dean of Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism
- Todd Gitlin, Professor and Chair, Ph.D. Program, Columbia Journalism School
- Brad Hamm, Dean of the Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University
- Shawn Henry, retired Executive Assistant Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Julia Ioffe, GQ Contributor and freelance writer
- Bethany Mandel, New York Post and Jewish Daily Forward contributor
- Leon Wieseltier, Contributing Editor at The Atlantic and Isaiah Berlin Senior Fellow in Culture and Policy at The Brookings Institution
They’re going to make a list and check it twice. Of course, we make lists too. They should probably be given their own category as the ADL’s Journalist Police.
I almost pity them. Almost. How long do you give it before all of them shut down their social media accounts?