Book of the Week

Free Speech Isn’t Free: How 90 Men Stood Up Against The Globalist Establishment — And Won is a fascinating look behind the scenes of Roosh’s notorious speaking tour, which culminated this spring in one of the biggest, most unjustified attempted media lynchings I have ever witnessed. Roosh walks the reader through the entire experience of the tour and its aftermath, from conception to conclusion, in remarkably honest detail. He not only bares his thought processes, he bares his hopes and his fears in a way few writers would dare.

It is well worth reading, not only in its own right, but also to better understand the way in which the media SJWs and the SJW activists operate when they go into seek-and-destroy mode.

As some of you know, I played a very small part in helping Roosh turn the tables on the media lynch mob that was attempting to discredit and destroy him; in the section quoted below, Roosh describes how the unexpected viciousness of the attack journalism affected him, how he reestablished his equilibrium, and how he adroitly forced them to choose between serving as his microphone or backing off him and his family.

There are many battles in the future that I’m sure we will engage in, but one where a small guerilla army walked out on the open battlefield against a large regiment of infantry that had multiple reinforcements simply wasn’t one of them.

I firmly believe that it would have been absolute folly to proceed in such an engagement. While I wouldn’t mind gathering my best men and showing up at one of the locations, I couldn’t send others into the meeting when the local hosts weren’t properly vetted and where they didn’t even know beforehand who else would be attending. It was a recipe for disaster, and based on the events that ended up taking place on Saturday, my fears about members being harmed turned out to be accurate.

At the time the outrage was happening, I happened to be visiting my father’s house in a Washington, D.C. suburb for a short stay before returning back to Eastern Europe. On Thursday, February 4, a news crew with the Daily Mail came to the house while I was sleeping. They failed to hector my stepmom, a gentle Persian woman, into admitting I was there, and camped out in front of the house in the hopes of getting a story.

I went online, wondering how they were able to find my dad’s address so quickly, and noticed a series of messages from the hacking group Anonymous. It turned out that they had doxed the house earlier that morning. I was already under stress due to the media and government pressure, but now my mood turned to near panic.

Up to Thursday, I received over 100 threats, many of them credible. Now all of those deranged and gullible idiots had my father’s address. The threats continued to come in, including one that stated my family’s house would soon be burned to the ground. I figured that people would at least try to “swat” the house by making bogus calls to police saying there was a hostage situation inside, or even worse, come to the house and attempt to harm my family.

The first thing I did was call the local police. I opened the door when they came, not knowing that the Daily Mail had a telephoto lens pointed at the door. After explaining the story, they put a flag on the address against swatting attempts. Besides that, all they could do was advise me to contact the FBI because nearly all the threats were coming in from other jurisdictions. The Daily Mail story went live not long after they left.

Not so cool now! Pro-rape pick-up artist pictured in a sweat-stained T-shirt at the door of his mother’s home (where he lives in the BASEMENT!)

This is the man at the center of a worldwide storm after advocating legalizing rape on private property – in a sweat-stained T-shirt at the door of his mother’s house.

Daryush ‘Roosh’ Valizadeh, 36, the self-proclaimed ‘King of Masculinity’ called police after receiving death threats from around the world and canceled a series of ‘tribal meetings’ in 45 countries set for this weekend.

Valizadeh, who is at the center of public protests at home and in Canada, Australia and the UK, is on record as advocating women be banned from voting, describing a woman’s value as dependent on her ‘fertility and beauty’, and stating that women with eating disorders make the best girlfriends.

The article was shared over 100,000 times. While I could do without the false claim that I live with my mother, the story confirmed the dox and told the world that I was in fact currently located at the released address, which was shared on a Facebook account controlled by an Anonymous group with over 300,000 subscribers. The dox went viral itself, being viewed over one million times. I had friends from around the world asking me why my family’s address was popping up on their Facebook feed. It may have been the most viewed dox ever.

The situation seemed dire. After the media successfully painted me as a monster who is trying to legalize rape and organize rape mobs in cities around the world, they added a cherry on top by helping publicize my family’s address to people who wanted me dead. The media, whether deliberately or not, had put my family in great danger. I called a security firm and by nightfall there was an armed guard in front of the house. In the subsequent week, they defended the house against multiple news crews, pizza deliveries, and random men claiming to be plumbers or painters, but who suspiciously lacked work equipment.

I was relieved when the Daily Mail published a follow-up story claiming that I hired a “burly security guard,” because I knew it would deter people from coming to the house.

The self-styled ‘King of Masculinity’ has called in his own private security guard after claiming he had been threatened.

Roosh Valizadeh, who used a blog post – which he later said was satirical – to say that if a woman was on private property she could be legitimately raped, hired the bodyguard as global revulsion over his views grew.

When Daily Mail Online attempted to speak to Valizadeh at his mother’s basement where he is in hiding, his guard leaped up and warned our reporter off.

He said: ‘I can’t let you go there. I have got to protect him and myself. Nobody is going near his door.’

That night I apologized to my family for bringing danger upon them. They would have none of it, instead blaming the people who were responsible for the manufactured outrage. My dad said, “What are they going to do to me, anyway? Kill me? I’m already old.” My stepmom was as calm as a lamb, like nothing at all was happening. I asked her how she could remain so unaffected. She replied, “I prayed to Allah to keep us safe. Everything will be okay for us.” From outward appearances, they seemed relaxed while I was the nervous wreck.

I responded online to my family’s dox by sending a tweet that was less of a counterattack than a means to garner sympathy.

Whatever I’ve done in my life, my parents don’t deserve to be harmed because of my work.

While it wasn’t quite a nervous breakdown, it was a departure from my normal aggressive demeanor. Soon after I sent it out, I received an email from Vox Day asking for my number. He called me the next day, Friday, February 5, when I was in the middle of packing my bags. I planned to leave that night because the security firm advised me that it was best to make a visible exit from my family’s house to take the spotlight off of them.

“You’re reacting right now,” Vox said. “You’re not working based on a plan.”

“I’m feeling shell-shocked,” I replied. “I was prepared for a lot of things but not my family getting doxed. Besides hiring the security firm, I’m not sure what to do next.”

“You have to get the narrative back. The best way to do this is to call a press conference with the D.C. media and go after them hard. Otherwise they’re just going to keep attacking you.”

The last thing on my mind while trying to defend my family was going back on the attack, but I knew he was right. I sent out a tweet inviting members of the media to a press conference for the next evening. Within a couple of hours, I had over ten responses. I called up a hotel I used to take dates to when I was in my mid 20’s and reserved a conference room for one hour.

As you may recall, Roosh’s performance at the press conference was superlative. By the time it was over, the various reporters and their camera crews were scuttling back to England and Germany with their tails between their legs. The book includes the full transcript of the press conference in an appendix, and it merits inclusion in a future textbook that teaches one how to deal with a hostile crowd of journalists.