One reliable metric, when dealing with Christians, to sort out the honest ones from the liars, is to observe how they quote the Bible. Anytime you are dealing with a self-professed Christian who quotes only part of a verse when the full one is contextually relevant, you can safely conclude that he – or in this case, she – is a Churchian who has no interest in the truth. They are merely using the Bible as a cherry-picked weapon to rationalize their pre-existing position.
Consider, for example, these questions from a Churchian at Mark Shea’s site:
Boy, am I afraid to ask, but here goes . . . I am only just learning about the Alt-Right. If they are Christians, what do they think Christ meant when he said to love your neighbor as yourself? To do to others as you would have them do to you? What did he mean by “love your enemies” and the parable of the Good Samaritan? What did Paul mean when he said “there is no longer Jew or Greek (etc.) but all are one in Christ Jesus?” What do they make of all Paul’s exhortations to avoid faction and seek unity in the body of Christ?
- Be kind and help people in need with your private resources, regardless of who they are, when you encounter them, insofar as you are personally able to do so.
- Do not selfishly ignore the needs, wants and desires of others. Treat them at least as well as you would prefer to be treated.
- Don’t be filled with hatred and bitterness. We can be a good neighbor even to those who despise us when they are in need.
- There are no nationalities, sexes, or favored nations in the spiritual world. Christians are in the world, but are not of it.
- Don’t get too hung up on theological differences and competing Biblical interpretations, because now we do not see sufficiently well to truly understand the Will of God in all things.
But these are not honest questions. Notice that she substituted (etc) for the entirety of Galatians, 3:28: “There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus.”
As I pointed out in Cuckservative, the dishonest Churchians who rely on these verses to justify everything from illegal Hispanic workers to mass Islamic invasion do not similarly declare that the verse justifies women marrying women, men playing women’s sports, or enslaving teenage runaways, as their logic dictates.
If we’re going to descend to their level of knowingly deceitful nonsense, we need only point out that the Bible limits itself to denying that there are Jews and Greeks, it says nothing about Mexicans or Arabs, or Africans, or Englishmen, and therefore Christians may legitimately discriminate among them. As it happens, that would actually be less dishonest than the extra-Biblical position they are trying to falsely sell to Christians on the basis of Scriptural authority.
These Churchians are liars, plain and simple. They are deceivers, they are corrupted, and worse, they observably serve the globalist objectives of the prince of this world. We know they are evil by the fruit of their teachings. And once they identify themselves in this way, you can safely dismiss them and everything else they say, because they are the children of their father, the original liar.
Now, obviously everyone makes mistakes. But these deceptions are not mistakes. And no one who intentionally hides the truth can be trusted to know the Truth.