It would appear the armistice for which he sued is over. Ethan van Sciver has revealed himself to be a two-faced, shameless, and unrepentant liar. Again. In January 2019, five days after I posted about his two-facedness and historical revisionism, he emailed me out of the blue
An excerpt: Suing for peace. This is stupid. SJWs ALWAYS DOUBLE DOWN is too important for me to be in a fight with you.
I accepted, because for all his flaws and idiosyncracies, 2VS is not the enemy. Even now, he’s not the enemy. He’s not a friend, he’s not an ally, but he’s not actually trying to deplatform or disemploy anyone. So, he’s not an enemy, he’s just another anklebiter looking to catch a wave from someone else’s motorboat. So be it. It is what it is.
One of his goals which was to fight the culture war in comics on his own terms he was going to answer the social justice way comics with books like what was that book that he had with Daisy Duke… oh he was gonna fight it on on that level and here we come we here we come we swoop in and go know the way to fight SJWs is to simply succeed it’s not to fight with them on their own terms it’s to actually do good business and make money by being apolitical.
Now you know Vox Day took a real shot, Vox Day took a shot at taking over comicsgate. He took a shot because he tried to start an imprint called comicsgate and he invited people to come his way. I said everybody if your comics say come to me I’ll publish you. That was Vox Day trying to take control. Now we reacted to that a certain way didn’t wait if you remember back to 2018, comicsgate panicked and I invested eight thousand dollars of my own money in a lawyer to cease and desist and to claim ownership over the word comicsgate because I monetized it in my comic see livestreams.
Now that sent Vox Day away but he’s been pouting this entire time. I will reveal to you the Vox Day calls me constantly. I haven’t taken a phone call from him in months, probably a year but he still calls me and leaves messages on my machine. He’s watching comics gate very very closely and he’s using John del Arroz, who has a passing interest in comics.
Allow me to set the record straight:
- I have not been pouting about anything, least of all ComicsGate. I don’t care in the slightest about ComicsGate and I never did. I was dragged into that pointless, idiotic conflict by Will Caligan, and I no longer have anything to do with either ComicsGate or Caligan beyond continuing to publish Gun Ghoul.
- I have no interest in working with or talking to Ethan van Sciver.
- I did not drop the ComicsGate imprint as a result of 2VS’s trademark filing, I dropped it because I did not wish to be associated with the inept and incompetent individuals who identified themselves with it.
- I called Ethan van Sciver several times after the resolution of the Indiegogo situation. I thought, as someone with a vested interest in it, he might like to know that it was satisfactorily resolved. As I was incorrect and he did not return my calls, I stopped calling him several months ago.
- I do not follow ComicsGate at all. I have no idea what is going on in that little cesspool of the comics industry. John Del Arroz and I do talk about our mutual projects, but I never talk to him about 2VS or ComicsGate.
The problem is that other than setting the record straight, I simply don’t care what he does or says. And now that he has confirmed what we originally believed him to be, there is no need to pay any attention to the Secret King of ComicsGate.